African Fashion Development and Empowerment Centre (AFDEC) in partnership with Women’s Technology and Empowerment Center ( WTEC) is now accepting nominations to identify and select 100 exceptional and creative female entrepreneurs; who are local Tailors or Fashion designers in Nigeria to the “Stage One” of the “Give Her a Push” program; a one day Recognition Award ceremony; learning and interactive program that teaches practical and useful knowledge on branding for visibility and business advancement.
AFDEC is a social enterprise committed to identifying and promoting creative and exceptional women who are operating in the African fashion space.
AFDEC seeks to improve the business of fashion in Africa and develop a paradigm shift that provides excellent, creative and transformational leaders who will deliver prompt services and not compromise excellence and standards.
The Give Her a Push Program is set aside to Reward, Empower and Promote Fashion Micro Businesses owned by African women. The qualified nominee in all categories will benefit from 3 stages of the Program Namely:
Stage 1: Nomination and Awards: This is aimed at recognizing and rewarding shortlisted 100 nominees with honorary recognition award on the 11th of June 2015.
Stage 2: Training and Mentoring: 4 days entrepreneurial/Fashion Business Management training spread across 4 months in 2015 (June, July August September). Plus, one month Mentoring (M&E) (October 2015)
(Please note : Participants will be required to pay a counterpart fee of N10,000 only for this stage) (Limited scholarships available)
Stage 3: Local Exhibitions and Expo: Third week in November 2015, in collaboration withour partners in commemorating the Global Entrepreneurship Week 2015.
Nominees must be:
- Nigerian Female and less than 40 years of age
- A Fashion designer or Tailor running her own micro/small fashion business in Nigeria.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in the fashion business
- Must have a minimum of first school leaving certificate (e.g WAEC,SSCE etc)
- Must be creative, innovative brave and entrepreneurial
- Must be willing to commit her time and talent to grow her fashion business to international standard
- Successful participant will receive AFDEC business recognition certificate which will serve as an endorsement to enhance and facilitate business relations amongst other African members.
- Extensive and practical Business skill trainings
- Coaching and mentoring by renowned local and international fashion designers
- Fashion entrepreneurs will get enlisted on AFDEC web business campaign
- Social media promotion services
- Outstanding Participants will be Certified to showcase their products via AFDEC annual fashion exhibition
- AFDEC will create linkage opportunities for participants for international business eexpansion
Do you know a Tailor or Fashion Designer that fits these description and would benefit from the opportunities listed above?
Kindly Give her a Push to Greatness by nominating her for the Award using the link below.
Nomination closes June 4th, 2015.
Award Event Details:
Date: June 11th 2015
Time: 9am Prompt
Venue: Aviation Estate, International Airport Road Ikeja Lagos, Nigeria.
Lets Empower our Women together by giving them a little Push to greatness……