Applications are now open for the 2015 She Leads Africa Entrepreneur Showcase, the premier platform for young female entrepreneurs looking to grow and scale their businesses across Africa. Participants in the competition will compete for $15,000 in cash prizes, media features in international news outlets, and exclusive meetings with top investors.
Applications close on June 30th. Not sure if you qualify? See below for our eligibility criteria and check out our frequently asked questions for more helpful tips.
- Startups with at least one woman on the founding team between the ages of 18 and 35
- Startups that have received less than $50,000 in funding
- Startups less than than 3 years old
- Startups focused on the African market or diaspora
- Startups that have already begun operations. Entrepreneurs at the idea stage are not eligible to apply
“Participating in the She Leads Africa pitch competition literally changed my life and put my business on a rocket ship towards success. I was able to hire my first employee with my winnings and I continue to receive support from the team nearly one year later.”
Cherae Robinson – Founder & CEO, Tastemakers Africa
Winner, 2014 Entrepreneur Showcase
You can also nominate a friend to apply.